Wednesday, 30 June 2010

"What d'you think we are? Gangsters?"

Just back in from a night out with the lads around town. Having been all over we eventually ended up in S&J where, halfway through a JD and Coke I was phoned by my dad which meant I had to go outside to take it. I was told to get myself home as, apparently,  "the house is not a hotel to return to at any ridiculous time". Returning to the door of S&J I was refused entry as it was past curfew...being only 11:58 I was thoroughly annoyed, as this was the first time I've missed a curfew. So I had to phone in to get Craig to bring out my coat and then off I trundled home.

Ranting at obnoxious bouncers aside, the perhaps main purpose of this blog post is to discuss the wonders of the film RocknRolla. After being pestered for ages by Andy to watch it I finally purchased it at Tesco for £3 and set about watching it last night. Guy Ritchie really is a master; weaving together another story of crime, deceit, confusion of circumstances and fantastic geezer banter. It stands firm alongside his other two major films - Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch - as a fine piece of work. With its blend of action, dark humour and pop culture references it really is a fantastic film, and shows just why Ritchie is regarded as such a wonderful directing force.

"I'm dead Pete. Dead people don't like company."

Unfortunately, due to the film's low profit the sequel that is mentioned at the end of film is not going to be made any time soon. Which is a real shame, as this first instalment really set the bar for an epic second episode, with the "rocknrolla" in question, Johnny Quid, having cleaned up his life and ready to follow his uncle into the "gangster underworld" to become a "real" rocknrolla.








And, as a small side note, seeing you today was like a kick in the stomach...

No comments:

Post a Comment